Estate Planning to Meet Your Needs. Straight-forward. Easy!
Virginia Estate Planning Attorney
Consulting with an attorney does not have to be intimidating. In fact, consulting with an experienced Estate Planning attorney routinely prevents problems before they occur and can offer you the peace of mind you have been seeking. McFather Law Firm is dedicated to Estate Planning. In fact, Estate Planning is the only thing we do! Our firm’s success is based on a foundation of empathy, trust and respect. We achieve success for you by applying our in-depth legal knowledge and proven Estate Planning skill. We serve clients throughout Southeastern Virginia.
Uncertain Whether You Need an Estate Plan?
- If you own assets of any kind — a home, vehicles, investments, life insurance, or just ‘typical old stuff’ — then you have an estate and you need an Estate Plan.
- Your Estate Plan spells out who will inherit your property. It ensures your spouse, children and loved ones will be provided for in accordance with your wishes.
- If you have minor children (or plan on having children down the road), an Estate Plan is essential.
- Having a quality Estate Plan is one of the smartest things you can do for yourself and the ones you love.
I Need A Will
If you only have a few assets, few beneficiaries, and no minor children, a Will could be right for you
Most people are surprised to learn a Will must go through the Probate Process, unlike a TrustLearn More
I Need A Trust
Most of our clients find that a Trust best fits their personal needs
A Trust avoids the often lengthy, often expensive, and always public nature of the Probate ProcessLearn More
Latest Blog Posts
- Estate Planning Is Not Just About Money - It is a common misconception that financial management and estate planning are reserved for the wealthy. Regardless of how much you have in the bank, you and your family can… Continue Reading
- The Real Life Perils of Online and Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Estate Planning - With the number of online and do-it-yourself (DIY) legal providers continuing to grow and advertise heavily, you may be wondering if you could do your estate planning with the help… Continue Reading